New Year prayers
Prayers for the New Year
As we begin 2018, we’re inviting you to take a moment to pray with us for our world, both locally and globally.
Here are some key prayers that are on our heart as we start the year:
PRAY FOR THE ROHINGYA REFUGEES
- Pray for an end to the conflict and unrest that is happening in Rakhine State in Myanmar.
- Pray for the refugees and displaced people who are fleeing Myanmar to Bangladesh. Also pray the Bangladesh government as they seek to ensure humanitarian support for the Rohingya refugees.
- Pray for TEAR’s emergency appeal, which is supporting the critical humanitarian needs of displaced Rohingya people in Bangladesh.
For more information and to donate to our appeal go to www.tear.org.au/giving/rohingya
PRAYER FOR TEAR’S PARTNERS
- Please continue to pray for God’s provision and wisdom for all of TEAR’s partners, particularly those facing difficult decisions, working in very challenging environments and situations.
- Give thanks for their faithful service and dedication to pursuing God’s call to the margins to bring light and hope to communities facing poverty.
PRAYER FOR OUR LEADERS IN 2018
- Please pray for our leaders in 2018. Pray for vision, courage and compassion to make decisions that benefit and serve those at the margins both locally and globally, whose voices and needs are often overlooked.
PRAY FOR OUR DEEP TRIPS
- Please pray for TEAR supporters who are going on our Development Education and Experience Program (DEEP) trips to Cambodia (7-21 Jan) and Nepal (21 Jan – 5 Feb) this month.
- Pray that they will stay well, they will go deeper in their faith and justice journey, and they will have an enriching and life-changing experience visiting TEAR’s partners and seeing development work first-hand in communities.
PRAY FOR OURSELVES AND OUR FAITH COMMUNITIES
- Give thanks for the rest that hopefully we have been able to have this holiday season.
- Pray that each of us can find space to reflect anew on our choice to follow Christ and recommit ourselves again to his call to pursue justice and compassion for everyone in our world.